Sunday, July 25, 2010

Merry Christmas in July!



Today is July 25th - Christmas in July. I have found so many new favorite shops and blogs in the webosphere to make these holiday posts, to mix things up with posting a few of my own crafty projects.

Today I am reminiscing and looking through old photos of Christmas' past...the one I am sharing is last Christmas I shared with my Dad, who passed on just over two summers back. His wife has a lovely ceramic holiday village, almost fills the whole living room floor. But the centerpiece was definitely the meal.



My Dad, Ralph Vincent Novak, was a fellow artisan, a glass blower, a painter and craftsman who worked for over 20 years travelling on the art show circuit. But he had a second love...he was KING in the kitchen. He loved to cook and even loved to eat more.



And his specialty was homemade meatballs, sausage and sauce {he would make his own pasta, too, but this day he did not have the patience for it}. I am lucky that not only was I passed down the artistic gene, but also the knack for cooking.



His loving wife Betty also had a downhome Alabama specialty "Sausage Cheese Loaf". One of these days I will see if she'll give me this recipe.


It looks like a mess, but I promise you it is so YUMMY and decadent...you can't stop with just one slice.

The one thing I will pass on today is this: take time doing those special things with your family during the holidays - those handmade traditions that you will pass on to your children. These are the things that you will cherish and remember always. Sb

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin