Tuesday, December 15, 2009

12 Crafts of Christmas - Simple Elegance


Every year for the past 6 or 7 now, I make a batch of crafty goodness for my Grandmother in Chicago. She is 86 this year and teaches painting classes. She has dozens of students and I make her two dozen ornaments to give to her students.

These vellum quilled paper snowflakes are this year's creation. They are actually what I started to do way back when, for my very first batch of ornaments, but there was so much paper piecing, I wasn't able to finish them in time. I was looking around my studio for something else and came across these that were halfway completed. Forgetting what I went upstairs for in the first place, I grabbed the bag and went to work finishing these "Simply Elegant" beauties...it took two nights of quilling to finish them off.

The package was received yesterday afternoon and my Grandmother loves them. She gives them out a luncheon this week : )

Stay tuned, I have more crafty Christmas goodness to share....

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin