Thursday, November 5, 2009

Getting to know Linda B's Beaded Jewelry

EtsyTwitter Team Shop Of The Week:

Since I've been a member of the ETT, Linda has been very active with the group, as well as very active with getting the word out on her fellow artisans - on top of running her own Etsy shop of beautiful creations. I for one as a newbie, have been featured in one of her weekly top 10 lists on her blog and I as well as many other are grateful for her time an generosity to the EtsyTwitter Team! Thanks for everything you do for us Linda, oh & BTW, hope you have a great Birthday this week, too : )

Take a virtual step into Linda Blatchford's Etsy shop and you will find yourself surrounded by fun, fresh, beaded creations. Gemstones and Swarovski crystals pair up with sterling silver and unexpected found objects in these one-of-a-kind designs that reflect Linda's love of color and symbolism.

Her initial inspiration often comes from the colors or shapes of her ever-expanding bead collection. "I see an image in my mind and as I create it, I may have to tweak it. I love it when it turns out better than my imagination. If it’s not spiffy, I start over. Now, I’m looking for more recycled items to work with: bottlecaps, pine cones, etc."

In addition to bracelets, earrings, and pendants, Linda also makes wire Kippahs and gorgeous Judaica themed creations that she is happy to customize with favorite colors or gemstones.

An avid Twitter user and dedicated Etsy Twitter Team member, Linda has a few Twitter tricks up her artistic sleeves. " I “converse” on Twitter, in addition to using it as a promotional tool. I use TweetDeck and have several columns tracking my teams and topics of interest. I follow other people’s followers to connect with more people and use bitly.com to see how many people click on my tweets."

Linda recently became the new team leader for the EtsyChai Team and also features fellow artisans weekly on her busy blog, http://linorstorecom.blogspot.com/ , but never lets the weight of a big to-do list weigh down her creativity.

"I am passionate about beading, and find it relaxing and fun! My favorite thing about it is that I can have different projects going on at the same time. Beaded earrings can take about an hour, while other pieces have different components and steps. "
With gift giving just around the corner ( 54 shopping days!), Linda's fabulous designs are sure to please friends and family on your list, as well as brighten up your own holiday mood!

In honor of her November 1 birthday, Linda is offering a week long discount:
20% off purchases totaling $10, excluding shipping
November 2 - November 8
Where to find Linda:

Etsy: Your place to buy & sell all things handmade
lindab142.etsy.com

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin